After two weeks have passed, with no returned phone calls, denying that they got my email, the son of the coffee place called me today to say I'm "more than welcomed to come back". Hmm, why? Because they were wrong? Duh.
Since it was the first time I got to talk to any of them since everything happened, I had a lot of pent up emotion (and rage) that kind of all came out at once.
He told me some more stuff, a misconstrued view of a security tape - me putting tip money in my pocket and pulling my shirt down so I wouldn't moon anyone as me having something to hide. Yes, those were the pieces of incriminating evidence they failed to ask me about. Obviously, I didn't even deserve the decency of being questioned so I could defend myself. I knew about the cameras, why would I be so dumb to try and steal with the owner constantly next to me? In hindsight, they've decided those things were not credible. Yeah, I could've told them that.
I'm hesitant to form friendships ever again at a work place because things need to stay professional. You get personal, you end up taking everything too personally. In the midst of my angry tears (I'm emotional, I know), I was able to say that I have no intentions of going back and working for them again. I don't need to do that to myself.
At the end of the difficult conversation, I did feel some vindication. They wouldn't have offered me the job again if they didn't know they were wrong. Even if they didn't want to admit it. I'm glad I stood up for myself. I just want to move on from here. I know it's just going to take time for me to not be upset anymore.
I need to work on my emotions more, though. I hate crying and I rarely let myself do it, so of course, shit always hits the fan when I least want it to because I'm not completely in touch with what's going on internally. I know every step is part of the process, and even now in blogging about this, I suppose it helps a little. I've got a long way's to go.
On the up side (there's always one), it's almost my birthday! And I'm buying contact lenses!
25 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment