I may be skeptical of many things in this world (my area of study is to learn about the world, how can I not be depressed?) but I am still genuinely shocked and saddened every time I hear about a couple who has broken up. (Facebook can be a horrible bearer of news whenever they show that little broken heart icon.)
I guess when you're just an outsider, a quiet little voyeur, relationships can appear so solid through the looking glass. Of course, you have no idea what it's really like. So when things "suddenly" end, it hits you in a way. Sometimes breaking up may be necessary. Even so, those decisions rarely come easily and pain of some kind is often involved. At the end of the day, I'm still a romantic. (I think it's the conditioning of too many years spent watching dramatized portrayals of love.)
13 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment