09 October 2008

Had him fooled.

Remember that music test I mentioned a few posts back? Well, I seriously thought I didn't do well because I basically bullshitted my way through all the short-answer questions. Sure, I studied the best I could but I wasn't connecting with the material so I didn't feel confident about what I was writing.

Today my professor told me how impressed he was with my comprehension and writing ability. Ha! Clearly, he was fooled by my skillz. My bullshitting skills that is. Maybe this is just me refuting a sincere compliment.

We have to go to a series of cultural concerts for this class, any sort of show or street performance of music other than European classical or mainstream. On Tuesday, I found out that there is a performance this month at the Disney Concert Hall (you know, that lil' thing) of a world-renowned Brazilian singer. Nascimento. No, never heard of him before either but when my professor heard the name he instantly gave me approval. Of course, this is the Disney Concert Hall. It ain't cheap. But, it doesn't get more sophisticated than this. It is a chance to show off to my lowly fellow classmates. Oh, the things I will do to look cool. But well, I'm going to the opera! I try to come off stoic and and "too cool for school" but there's still a part of me that is the little Asian overachiever.

I'm bringing a friend along and we're going to dress up and make it a whole thing. I'm really excited.

1 comment:

Danica said...

Ahahaha! Oh Wendy. My uncle pulled me aside before my freshmen year and said, "I'm going to tell you the secret to getting through college: bull shit. Learn to bullshit, and you will do really well. Don't tell your grandma I said that."