28 January 2009

Desk space and a rash.

(I really wouldn't blog as much if I didn't procrastinate as much as I do.)

About to tackle this paper. It's on race, class and gender. Oh, you know... light topics that don't have that much to do with me. Except. IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH ME. Sorry, for the caps. Not yelling, just for emphasis. I studied these similar topics - along with privilege, power, the class divides of American society - a few years ago when I first started the Global Studies program. Now that some time has passed and experiences have multiplied, it is now even more personal and relevant to write about.

If you look closely, you may see that my current desktop features myself. Typical for a narcissist. This is the creepy picture:

I love it!

Remember back in high school when I would get chronic skin irritations? My skin is really sensitive and rashes come and go so easily. Well, they come easily and sometimes require trips to the ER and lots of steroids to kill the infections for them to go away. And look, it's happened again!

I think I know what the culprit was this time, though. I own a pair of Reef sandals that I love but it does not love me back. In fact, it downright hates me. I got a terrible rash on my feet from wearing it - when they were brand new! But then, I put it away for a long time. I had to get all kinds of medicine for it because I am a compulsive scratcher and my feet were a hot mess. Hotter than Cambodia, if you can imagine that. (I know you wish I had photos, don't you?)

Recently, I gave it a good soap scrub hoping that might do the trick and wear down the leather enough. It kind of worked and only one foot reacted. But that one foot, which I so casually scratched just once and then touched by hand... that is what caused this unfortunate rash. I'm sure of it. I don't learn my lesson! I can't tell if it's getting better or worse, either. Time will tell.

2 comments:

Danica said...

Wanna know something funny?

I saw "space"and came running to your page.... yes... I was thinking outer space.

I'm sorry about your rash!

m. kayla said...

will you teach me on how to make cool-lookin' blogs?