25 February 2009

School things.

1. I got my Graduation Clearance in my student mailbox today. I did a little dance in the middle of campus. And there may have been a little squealing as well. May 9th is going to be an emotional day. I can't wait!

2. I met with a professor today so I can tell her some of the things I've been experiencing because of the class. I was near tears, as I am often these days. We ended our conversation discussing the ridiculous pressures of APU culture to have a "Ring by Spring".

And then she told me, "There is no guy here good enough for you."

And it wasn't one of those bullshit lines intended to try and make me feel better. She said it so matter-of-fact. I don't remember anybody ever saying that to me before, nor did I realize how much I needed to hear exactly that.

3. I got an assignment back in Senior Seminar and my professor told me that my writing continually inspires him.

What.

In the first class I ever took with him, he once wrote that I had the "gift of pen".

Seriously, these words are so incredibly encouraging.

1 comment:

m. kayla said...

Your journey and discoveries are inspiring to me! Thank you for sharing them with us so candidly. :)

(p.s. she's right--there isn't a guy at APU that's good enough for you. or me, also. any of us, really. sorry APU guys...)