10 July 2009

Bad blogger.

Wow, it's been nearly a month since the last time I wrote?

Well, this is what I look like today / these days:

My hair has gotten longer, I just recently bought a couple of new plugs so I can stretch up a size (yeah, I'm still doing that thing) and I look happy because the sun is out and I am getting tanner everyday. Sweet.

The picture was just taken on my computer in the library on campus because.. oh yeah, I still had homework to do! I didn't really want to talk about this for awhile because I still felt so embarrassed that I was not done with school. But I finally got focused, forced myself to sit in libraries for long periods of time and just get it over with. Typical. Of course that's how I would finish college, right? Well, today I dropped off my last papers and though they are by no means the best writing I've ever done, I am done. (If you ever want to read the best thing I've written for school, ask me for the 66 pages I wrote for one of the courses I did for Cambodia).

Campus is beautiful today. The hot sun, the wind in the trees, the sparse amount of people congregating about. I'm sitting outside right now, my Pandora is blasting at high volume and I am now finally feeling that incredible sensation of... oh, what is it? Freedom. It took me a little while to get here but hey, we all have to go at our own pace.

I've been working full-time now, officially. 40 hours in the restaurant/service industry takes its toil on you, believe me. But there are delightful moments. Like free cookies. And when a wealthy man old enough to be your grandfather comes in everyday telling you that he's crazy about you... giving you his business card and then saying, "I want you to put this under your pillow so we can be together every night." I'm entertaining the idea of mentioning my upcoming 23rd birthday to him and seeing if he'll shower me with gifts. Say, a new laptop or much coveted cool hipster European bike.

Hmm... what else is going on?

I have a few living prospects coming my way. Whatever happens, it seems very likely that I'll be moving to Los Angeles. It will just be easier on me, since I spend most of my time there anyways. I love the city a lot and am discovering more parts and corners that I find myself going back to but it is still a place that leaves me conflicted...

Dating is still a great adventure, full of highs and lows. And lessons. Oh the lessons. It is everything East meets West.

Oh yeah! I should say that I finally saw Chris Pine at Lamill Coffee the other week! He is as beautiful in person as on film! And Ellen Pompeo from Grey's Anatomy came into my work and we chatted about the new season. I liked her a lot.

Well, everyone who still reads this, thanks for sticking around.

Wen

1 comment:

Cafe Pasadena said...

I'm probably less in awe of celebs than the avg person. A heart of gold inside is more impressive to me than what a person does for a living on the outside.

Ironically, I like what you do - work at a restaurant! If it's Bodegga Louie, then I was just mentioning it to a friend today. We've never been there. Can you be unbiased to tell me how good the place is?

Good luck now that you're done with college.